torsdag 30 december 2010

Dee Ordinary

Dee Ordinary

The last fly pattern for this year is Dee Ordinary. The name comes from the Swedish pattern "Den Vanlige"- The Ordinary in english and Dee comes from that I did this version for fishing the River Dee in Scotland. I most say that this is one of my all time favourite patterns for coloured water and have given my lots of nice memories of the fishes I have caught on it.

Recipe:

Tube: Eumer Tear Drop Copper/ Clear Plastic Tubing

Wing: 2 strands of Golden Mylar Flash, a bunch Of Sunburst Yellow Fox Hair, 2 more Strands of Golden Mylar Flash, A Bunch of Dirty Orange Fox Hair, 2 Strands Of Orange Mirage Flash and 2 strands of Copper GlissN'Glow , a bunch of Fiery Brown Fox Hair, 2-4 strands of Peacook Mirror Flash and at last 2 Sunburst Yellow and 2 Hot Orange Coloured Peacook Hearls on top of the wing

Hackle: First: A Sunburst Yellow Soft Hackle tied in after the Yellow Fox. Second: A Fiery Brown Marabou Hackle tied in as a collar.

Sides: JC (optional)

Head: Eumer Copper Cone Head.

I also tie this pattern on hooks and then I use Copper Braid and Copper Dubbing as body material. For the head I use Orange Varnish.

So make some Dee Ordinarys for the next season and have Happy New Fishing and Tying Year!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar