tisdag 29 mars 2011

First day for the season in River Ljungan

My Weapon: Vision Cult 13,4", XLA reel, S2/S4 line.


 Was invited to fish with a friend on Sunday but I did want to wait a couple of weeks before going down to Ljungan for the first time this year. I drive over the river every day and I think theres a bit early to start the fishing because of all the snow we have had in Sweden this winter. But when I wake up on Monday morning and the weather looked fine I desided to go and fish for an hour or two anyway. I went to one of the pools that I know would both hold fish and were you can get down in the water with out no bigger problem.
Grimman pool with loads of ice on the banks.


I started to fish the with a Copper/Gold and Sunburst "Fleece Flasher" tube and after 10 casts i got a strike when taking in the line slowly. The fish stayed on for maybe 10 seconds and then came off... It feelt like a quite big fish but you never knows. The I fished the pool down but no more fishes wanted to strike on my fly. 
Ice, Ice and Ice


Changed fly and drank a cup of coffe in the sun but even if the weather was fine a cold wind held the temprature down to just above 0C. Fished the pool two more times with out a strike and then I was thinking to try another pool but insted I went home for a hot shower so I won't get any cold before this weekends Fishing Fair in Jönköping here in Sweden.


The Neck of the pool in low water.

I most say that it was quite a good start for the season anyway just to feel a fish on the first day out and now I will wait to the middle of April before I go down to Ljungan again. Then hopefuly nearly all snow and ice will be gone and maybe some fresh Chromers has enter the river.

Very low and cold water.





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar