måndag 6 februari 2012

Cascades for Spey... Part 2

In Part 2 of Cascade for Spey I will present two new patterns that I have tied in long tail Cascade style. First pattern out is the Black Ranger Cascade and this fly have been a big favorite of mine for many years because I just love the colour combinations from the original Black Ranger and when I transferd it to a zonker style fly a couple of years ago I have caught many fishes on it in all diffrent conditions and rivers.


Pattern Recipie:
Tread: Black Textreme

Tube: Eumer Black Large/Small combination

Tail: Yellow Bucktail, Hot Orange Bucktail, 2-4 strands of Holo Orange Flashabou. Then I wait to the fly is ready before making the tail Tiger Striped with a Black Permanent marker.

Ribb: Oval Silver Tinsel (Optional)

Body: 1/2 Black Holo Braid 1/2 Black Dubbing. I use a dubbing loop for the dubbing and secure the braid with a drop of super glue so I don't need any ribg on the fly.

Hackle: First a Black Soft Hackle tied in before the wing. Second a Dark Blue Soft Hackle tied in after the wing as a collar.

Wing: Tiger Barred Yellow and Orange Zonker Stripe. 2 strands of Orange Mirage Flash on top of the wing.

Cheeks: JC dyed Hot Orange

Head: Black Eumer Cone Head



The second pattern will be The Arndilly Fancy Cascade that I got the idea to from my good Scotish friend and fellow fisherman Willie Mair. He wanted me to try to make a Cascade version of this Spey pattern and it came out realy well and even that I don't have fished with the fly yet I know it's going to be a real killer!



Pattern Recipie:

Tread: Yellow

Tube: Black Eumer Large/Small Combination

Tail: Yellow Bucktail, Black Bucktail, 2-4 strands of Holo Silver Flashabou

Ribb: Oval Silver Tinsel (Optional)

Body: 1/2 Yellow Braid, Floss or Holo Yellow Braid 1/2 Yellow Dubbing

Wing: Black Rabbit Zonker. 2 strands of Yellow Mirage Flash.

Hackle: First a Black Soft Hackle. Second a Kings Fisher Blue Hackle both tied in after the wing as a collar.

Cheeks: JC dyed Yellow

Head: Fl Red Eumer Cone Head


I hope you like these patterns and will tie some to try this season.





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar