söndag 21 juni 2015

The Easy Squid

It's been a long time since I could post a fly pattern on my blogg but now I'm back with the Easy Squid pattern. 
Have had the idea to make a easy to tie pattern for a long time because I normaly goes"over kill" when tying my flies always adding some extra material just to please my own eyes and I think it's both good and bad. Good: I get a fly pattern I realy have confidence in when fishing. Bad: It takes more time to tie the fly and when fishing T-tips in logg and stone filled rivers you will snag and loose a bunch of flies in a days fishing. In some pools when I know that I must get down realy deep but also knows that I can or probly will snag the bottom I may not use chose my best looking flies that I realy know works and I love to fish but insted use a fly that I may NOT WANT to use for the moment but I don't will spill any tears when loosing it. So not using the "right" style of fly I will fish the pool with less confidence and maybe not catch the Silver from my dreams.
The Easy Squid is not realy a "Squid" pattern but if you hold it vertical it will look quite like a small squid but in the water it will look and behave like a bait fish.They are realy "Easy" and simple to tie and now a days there's so many diffrent brands of Sili legs on the market so it's no problemo to convert any of your favorite patterns to a Easy Squid. For example you can take a bait fish pattern and use the pearl shimmering legs for belly, silver or gold legs on the side and black with silver or green flakes the back of the fly or why not transform a classic salmon fly to rubber version? I tie the fly in two diffrent sizes, one bigger and a smaller but always the same bead as body.
When fishing the Easy Squid I use a loop knot and I some times slide on a piece of plastic tube as a hook guide. Fish the fly on a normal swing or let it just free drift trough the pools as the Sili legs will get the fly lot of movment.
You can always add some extra materials like a hackle and also some Amhearst fibers just to get it to look more like a more "normal" Intruder style of fly.But just a brass bead, fake JC, Sili legs, disc cone and... Boom! It's ready to fish!
Pattern recepie: Rapala version
Tube: Fl Orange Small plastic tube 
Body: 5,5mm Gold Brass bead
Eyes: Large Orange Pro Fisher  JC subs.
Wing: 8-12 Sili legs (big fly = more legs)
Head: A Disc Cone 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar