måndag 8 augusti 2011

First day in River Gaula

After a 5 hours drive from my home in Sweden I arrived to Stören in Norway to fish the Gaula river. Bought the fishing license and desifected my gear and  had a bite to eat and a beer. Had no hurry down to the river so i just took i easy and enjoying the beautiful landscape here in the Gaula valley. Tackled up my rods and my first choice was Vision "Cult" 13,4#7 with a floater on the reel. A light rain started to fall and it started to get a bit dark so my first choice of fly was a Black & Blue Tube Fly. The water level looked good and the temp was 16C in the river. There were no one in the pool when I came down to the river so I could walk right out and start my fishing. After abouth 7 or 8 cast I had a strike on the fly but nothing so I took some steps down and casted out again and mended the line upstream and let the fly move a bit slower over the deeper part of the pool and just when the fly picked up some speed... Fish On! Had a very nice fight on my #7 rod but played the fish hard. After a while the fish got tierd and I could land a 5kg (10lbs)  male Salmon. That was a good start one my week here in Gaula.
A good combination: Black & Blue, Vision "GT" Reel and Dee Dram

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar