måndag 14 maj 2012

Skagit for Sea trout



Had my first fresh Sea trout for this season in my home river Ljungan on the 8th of april. It took on a Bucktail Willie Gunn tied on a Eumer Tear Drop Tube. You will see the fly in the end of the film. Had been fishing since for and recording with my GoPro camera so when I was going to land the fish the camera shut it self down because of low power. Did try to start it again but I only got some short clips when realeasing the fish and of the fly before it shut it self again. The fish was around 70cm and it gave me a hell of a fight and was airbourne 5-6 times so it was a real nice fight. I had my Vision Siks 13,4 7wt rod with a ACE Skagit 490gr T-14 12,5F and the water temp was 6,4C. After releasing the fish a sat down and had a cup of coffe and changed the leader. Put on the same fly again and out in the river and got a good take at the same spot as the first one but after 30sec the fish came off and then I changed fly but no more fish contact.

3 kommentarer:

  1. Excellent Tobbe!
    A nice fight and a nice fish, what more can a man want!

    //Allan

    SvaraRadera
  2. Thanks Allen!
    Its nice to get a quite good fish once in awhile=)

    SvaraRadera
  3. NICE video clip! Tobbe
    Really nice water and nice set up! I will have to try that vision rod too! : )
    Mark

    SvaraRadera